Wednesday 2 September 2015

Smashbox Contour Kit

Smashbox is not a brand I have tried a lot from, but I can't resist a good cool toned contour, and this palette and brush set has proven to me that smashbox are great at more than just primers. 

This brush I found to be surprisingly good, I can't do without my Lancome Cheek and Contour brush it chisels and blends beautifully, but for such a small brush this still blends just enough to prevent harsh lines whilst still slimming down my football face. 
As you can see the powders have good pigmentation and are shades suitable for pale and warmer skin tones, simply apply more or less depending on how strong the shades show up on you. As I am so pale I use a light hand on the contour and bronzer. The matte highlight should really be called a setting powder though. I actually find it really similar to Soap & Glory's Kick Ass Powder *reviewbut this is less drying on the skin so it's perfect for setting under eye concealer.

The powders are quite dusty and are picked up by brushes as though they are loose powders, so it is very easy to pick up too much product. I find a very light fluffy brush or duo fibre brush to be best when using the bronzer. To be honest I think I have just got used to using cream bronzers, but if you are a fan of powders, and like the tone of Benefit's Hoola then I am sure you will love this too.   
At £35 I think this set is great value for money, I love my Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder which also retails at £35 *review but when you can get two more powders for the same price you can't go wrong. Buy Here

Ciao
  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment