Monday 14 March 2016

Contour Collection

You may already know I, like the rest of the world, am a little obsessed with contouring. Not the drawing tribal paint on my face kind but the cool toned, blendable, subtle powder kind. And it has become a bit of a mission for me to find all the best powders in that category that suit my skin tone. I realise I only have one face and therefore only really need one powder but clearly I don't pay attention to that reasoning and have built up a pretty hefty collection. Starting with my more recent obsession the Anastasia Beverly Hill Contour Kit £39 I have been absolutely loving the shade Fawn to chisel at my cheekbones. And now I have discovered you can buy refills for the palette for £14 my purse will be happy that my new favourite is the cheapest of the bunch. The Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder in Medium I have probably used more religiously than the other powders in that  it is so compact you can fit it in any size make up bag. The shade is beautiful and well suited to lots of skin tones as it has a more ashy, cool tone to it than most other, there is also a light and dark sculpting powder available in the range though if you find this isn't a perfect match. At £35 it is pretty expensive but it does seam to last longer on my skin than some of the other powders *review.
The Blush Subtle Palettes were the fist contour powders I tried, I love the deeper powder in the 02 Nectar Lace palette which you can probably tell by how little powder I have left. The 01 Rose Flush palette has a much nicer blush and highlight shade that I get more use out of so this is the one I re-purchase these days. The powders are so buttery and blendable I wish they did a stand alone contour compact it is by far my favourite of the bunch but at £29 it just feels too expensive for such a small amount of the contour shade *reviewThe Smashbox Contour Kit I discovered last summer, the three powders have a more dusty or chalky texture than the other contour powders which came in very handy when my skin was more on the oily side. It retails at £35 and comes with a pretty decent brush, you can read my full review here but overall it is a really lovely palette I just wish the shades where a little cooler to match my winter skin. So thats my collection of contours, I would love to hear your faves, particularly if you have found any good cheaper options. I tend to love drugstore powders but I just can't seam to find any good cool toned contour powders like these ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment