Tuesday 22 March 2016

Concealer Collection

I've shared my Contour Collection, Balm Favourites, my bundle of Cream Shadows and my Foundation Rotation so I thought it was about time I shared the cover up masters of my makeup stash. I don't wear concealer on a daily basis so when I do wear it I like it to have good coverage and a non crease formula. So far I have never needed any colour correcting or highlighting from my concealers so if it is just a cover up you are after, here are my faves.
Starting with the highest coverage of the bunch The Sensual Skin Enhancer from Kevyn Aucoin, this can camouflage any blemish with the tiniest amount of product and it will not budge once applied. Benefit Boi-ing I have used the longest out of all of these, it is a great one to keep in your bag, its creamy but doesn't crease and it blends really well on top of other product. Estee Lauder's Stay in Place High Cover Concealer I like for under my eyes, it is the least drying of all of these, it has really good coverage and it really does stay put. Also it's nice to have a mirror in the packaging if you are using it for touch ups. Their Stay in Place Flawless Wear I do find to be a little drying but it is perfect if your wearing a tinted moisturiser and just want to amp up the coverage in certain areas. 

Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Ultra Lift and Firm I also tend to keep in my bag, it's another one that blends well on top of other product so it is a nice one to touch up with. It has less coverage than the others but also looks the most natural looking on the skin. The Eclat Lumiere Highlighter Face Pen is intended to be a highlight but I personally use this as a touch up for days I am wearing the Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet. I find the formulas compliment each other well and this has that little bit more coverage than the foundation with the same demi-matte finish. There are other concealers I have used in the past and loved but nothing I feel I am missing at the moment. I would like to give a special mention to the Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer though. If you are on a budget it costs just £5.99 and it has really good coverage and longevity. It does crease a little but that also means it does not make your skin feel dry. I may not have one in my current collection but I have been using it on and off since way before I started the blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment