Thursday 21 April 2016

YSL Touche Eclat Foundation

As I mentioned in my March Favourites I was a little sceptical about this new formulation. The original was such a cult classic and a personal favourite of mine for giving that beautiful natural skin like finish. Thankfully I was pleasantly surprised with this formula. It still has the same beautiful finish but the coverage is much better this time and is buildable to a good medium. I am also really glad they kept the packaging the same, the pump dispenses just the right amount of foundation for a sheer coverage for my face, and two pumps for the fuller coverage. I like to apply it with my Beauty Blender which I just dampen a little with the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water for a really flawless skin like finish. 
They claim this to be a weightless foundation but honestly, no foundation that has a natural kind of finish is weightless. Unless you like a matte base like Estee Lauder Double Wear that will dry on to your skin, there is going to be some texture to wearing the foundation. So long as you don't apply too much of this though it does seam to stay put better than the original formulation and it does feel lighter than other more dewy foundations on account of this not feeling oily. To compare this to the last foundation I reviewed; the Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow, this feels much lighter and long-lasting. I have done the same makeup here as my Ambient Lighting Look and up close this does look better than the Les Beiges. This has sheered over my skin where as the Les Beiges did cling to some dryness and crease around my eyes more. Now that is looking very closely at pictures, both foundations look nice in person but perhaps if you do have some dryness then this would be a good foundation for you to try moreover the Les Beiges. There are 22 shades available in the Touche Eclat and it can be purchased on all YSL concessions and online here

No comments:

Post a Comment