Thursday 27 June 2013

how much does beautiful cost?

Hello chicas,

I've just read  Thats what Sophie Said blog post 'How much does my face cost' and am in love with the concept. When I set out writing my blog I aimed to always promote reasonably priced items that are still amazing, so I could not help but try it out today and see just how much it cost me to achieve todays look

Skin Care:

Smashbox It's Your Prime trio: £14
No7 Beautiful Skin day cream: £7.50 (£5 off coupon)
The Body Shop Tea Tree skin clearing foaming cleanser: £5.00
The Body Shop Tea Tree skin clearing toner: £5.00
Total: £31.50

Skin care is everything for me, I used to suffer from terrible dry flaky skin so I have spent a lot of time finding the right products and I don't feel that these products are over priced as their
quality is very high. The primer is just a trial at the moment (see my previous blog here) my regular Revlon primer is around £5 cheaper so I am happy with this total.

Face:

L'Oreal Paris True Match foundation: £6.99
Bourjois Delice de Soleil bronzing powder: £8.99
Estee Lauder Double Wear stay in place powder makeup: £27.50
Total: £43.48

Defence: I don't normally use this powder foundation except for when my skin is looking very oily, normally I would use a Sleek powder which is around £20 cheaper so I am not too shocked at this total.

Eyes:

B.All lengthening Defining & Volumising Mascara: £6.66
L'Oreal Paris Super Liner black lacquer: £5.49
Estee Lauder five color eye shadow palette surreal skies: £35.00
Total: £47.15

Ooops! so I do not normally wear this eye shadow normally I would wear none or one from L'Oreal Paris or The Body Shop which are much cheaper but If you are using the Naked palettes like a lot of ladies are then maybe we all need a re-think on how much we really want to spend on our everyday look.

Lips:

Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue Effects Lipstick pink honey pearl: £9.75 (Sale)
Bourjois Levres Contour: £4.99
Total: £14.74
Overall Total:
So I did not do too well today, in my defence, I do usually wear cheaper eye shadow and powder foundation however I was going out today so wanted a really matte face and shear eye and lip so felt I needed the higher priced items to achieve this.
I have worn a lot of make up today and some days I would not use primer or
eye shadow or lipstick & liner so overall I am not too shocked by my total giving that this can easily go down by about £60 at least on an average day. I think this has been a really important learning tool and would really promote all girls to do this and think if there are any products that maybe are not worth their retail price.

Always remember girlies that your skin care products are the most important, if you look after your skin you will be able to showcase your true natural beauty without all these cosmetics.

Hope you have enjoyed this post please comment if you would like any product information or if you have any cheaper doups :P

Ciao
  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment