Wednesday 26 June 2013

smashbox: It's your prime

I just had to pick this little set up at the till at boots the other day, although I am happy with my Revlon Photoready perfecting primer which I talk about in a previous post. I have not yet tried many other primers on the market so when I saw this cute little box with all 3 primers in it was just a must have.

It was £14 which is a reasonable price for 3 primers and its the kind of product that if you have a bad one then its just not worth using it. I have used around 6others and tested many whilst in the shop and I think you should be looking to spend around £8+ to get a really good one that genuinely holds your foundation on throughout the day.

Photo Finish Foundation Primer 12ml
This travel size tube normally retails alone at Boots for £12.50 so you can see this set is really good value for money. This primer boasts a blend of vitamins A & E, grape seed extract and green tea. It can be worn alone or under foundation as it helps to create a mattified smooth skin look and finish which eliminates finer lines and pores. Unlike other primers this does not leave your skin dry but I would still suggest moisturising your skin 5mins before application to ensure that your skin stays moisture intact.
Simply apply a pea sized amount of the product to clean and moisturized skin using your fingertips and see an instant improvement to your complexion. (always remember to wash your hands before using them to apply products as this will help prevent blemishes)
Photo Finish Hydrating under eye primer 5ml
This boasts to be the first primer solely dedicated to the skin under your eyes due to the delicate nature of the skin. It keeps concealer in place and prevents that cakey look when it settles into any fine lines therefore your eyes look much fresher and more awake. This primer claims to hydrate, prevent the appearance of dark circles, puffiness, fine lines and wrinkles, whilst improving skin texture, tone and clarity. It is infused with caffeine, peptides and optical diffusers which apparently help to slow down the ageing process. Overall I really like this product, I don't suffer with dark circles nor do I have many fine lines so I don't think I will use this on a daily basis but I would definitely purchase this again to wear on special occasions. Apply a small dot of the product (as pictured) to your ring finger and dab gently across the under eye area.

Photo Finish Lid Primer 0.5ml
So I have kind of fallen in love with this primer, it creates the perfect base for eye shadow and does not crease throughout the day like others do. This can be worn under shadow or alone as it is slightly tinted it works as a subtle highlight to the lids and helps diminish any darkness or discoloration of the lid so perfect for a super natural look.
Dab 2-4 small dots over your lid and blend with a gentle dabbing motion with your ring finger.

Hope this has been useful for you ladies, please leave comments if you have a favourite primer I may wish to try.

Ciao
  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment