Thursday 17 July 2014

Yves Saint Laurent Souffle D'Eclat Loose Powder

Loose powders are relatively new in my make up collection. I've always loved to add a little extra coverage with a pressed powder, but for now a matte complexion is top of my agenda. 

Yves Saint Laurent Souffle D'Eclat Loose Powder retails at £38 for 15g which you can buy here.

This is a very fine powder, almost translucent, but there are 4 shades available to allow you to match up your skin tone preventing it from looking powdery once applied. 

This makes your  skin feel so smooth, applied over foundation or straight on to your skin it feels like silk all day. I apply this with a realTechniques blush brush; I find that its long bristles allow for minimal powder to be applied. The powder is so finely milled that little product is needed. A soft fluffy brush like this is perfect for applying an even amount all over the face.
I personally love the feel of this over Le Teint Touche Eclat foundation also by YSL (pictured above). I think because of the dewy feel of the foundation the powder makes it last longer and it prevents your complexion looking shiny, whilst maintaining the natural finish the foundation gives. The same can be said for other dewy foundations, just this is my foundation of choice. 

Let me know your favourite loose powders. I have also been loving the Estee Lauder Double Wear loose powder, but this one makes the skin feel much softer. Of the two the Souffle D'Eclat is probably better quality, and is ever so slightly cheaper.

Ciao
  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment