Thursday 31 July 2014

Laura Mercier: Just Bare Lip Glace Collection

Hello beauties,

If like me you love a nice gloss but hate it when your hair sticks to your lips and ends up looking gelled, may I please introduce you to Laura Mercier Lip Glace. 

Space NK recently had a sale and while I had never tried this brand before I have only ever heard good things. I currently own far to many face products, and although my lip collection is vast I don't have too many glosses so these seemed the perfect option. I chose the Just Bare Mini Lip Glace Collection but if you would like to see the range of Laura Mercier Lip GlacĂ© click here; there some really lovely shades.

They retail for £19.50 each and unfortunately I can only now find the set on Amazon here, but if you like them individually the links to each of the shades are: 
bare naked     bare beige
bare baby       bare pink

The glosses are not highly pigmented, they do provide a subtle pigmentation on to the lip but I would not say the colour pay off is that high. As you can see below the glosses all have a really subtle colour to them preventing them from looking streaky while still adding a touch of colour to your lips. 
Bare Naked looks like a beautiful shimmery gold in the tube which I thought may look a little strange once applied. Above you can see there is no strange gold shine, just a natural looking shimmer that lightens your lips natural pigmentation. Bare naked and bare pink I would say are nice alternatives to a clear gloss and a nice addition to the set but maybe not worth the £19.50 price tag individually. Bare beige and bare baby however are lovely shades that may be worth the splurge.
The glosses have reasonable durability, they stay in place for a good few hours if you are not eating and drinking, but will need a touch up through the day if you are having lunch. 

In honesty I would not have bought the set had it been full price, however, I will consider buying bare beige when this mini runs out as I think the gloss is really good quality and the colour complements my kind of skin tone really nicely.

Let me know your thoughts on these glosses, and tell me what is the most you have spent on a lip gloss before?

Ciao
  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment