Tuesday 5 August 2014

Summer Favourites

Hello beauties,

I thought instead of doing a monthly favorites for June, July and August I would do a collective summer favourites of all my must have beauty products to have to hand in the sun. From tan to lip products here's my summer guide to all things beauty...

TANNING
St. Tropez Self Tan Express Bronze Mousse This lasts for about a week but does fade a shade each time you shower. I leave it on for 2hours to get a medium tan prior to showering. I find this really sticky and horrible while it's developing but once showered, no smell and and no tan on to clothing or bed sheets makes this a must.
Rimmel Instant Tan Air Brush Effect This is perfect for topping up on your tan as it is soo quick to use. It does have a little tan scent to it but nothing too overpowering.
Rimmel Sun Shimmer Instant Tan Matte I really love the Rimmel wash off tans, they don't rub off on to your clothing, they dry really quickly and they smell nice.
TIP: I always use a mitt to apply my tan but if you do get any patches of tan you want to remove a little baking soda in water or lemon juice will remove it instantly. 

FOUNDATION
For base it is all about something a little lighter, I have been enjoying:
MAC Face And Body Foundation I mix a little of this in to my body moisturiser when applying it to my legs. Who doesn't like to look airbrushed? Review

Jour Moisture Tints The matte tints are great for preventing shiny skin but the luminous tints will be fine for dry to normal skin. I have been using different shades as my foundations and bronzer/contour. Review


BLUSHER
MAC Powder Blush Immortal Flower I think this shade may have been discontinued but any subtle pinky coral just seams to give a natural flushed look without looking like your pink from the heat. 
NARS Blush Sex Appeal Another subtle blush, this time just a baby pink shade. Both blushes are matte which will help to combat any shine you may get from the heat. Review

LIPS
MAC Frost Lipstick- Angel Simply the perfect summer pink. 
Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm- Complex The perfect handbag product. Matte lips makes any look more sophisticated, and this shade looks great for light to medium skin tones. It is the perfect nude lip for summer.
Laura Mercier Lip Glace- Bare Beige This shade brings out your tan by drawing your attention to the warmer tones in your skin. Review
Lancome Gloss In Love- Peach Show Orange is another great colour to bring out your tan and this subtly bright coral will makes your lips look fuller and beautifully glossed.

EYES
Urban Decay Naked Palette I love browns and golds in the summer and I like to keep my make up fairly natural looking. I have just been doing a subtle cut crease with different shades. Naked is great for very subtle eyes, buck is perfect to really define the crease and buck and a tiny bit of half baked or smog looks great for day to night simple eyes. 
realTechniques duo-fiber eye brush this is just the perfect crease brush, dabbing it just lightly in the eyeshadow and just blending in a small amount of shadow is perfect for cut crease eye makeup.

MASCARA
bareMinerals Lash Domination If you didn't know I have fallen in love with this mascara then where have you been. The applicator is amazing and totally unique, it makes your lashes look perfect with no effort at all. Review
Clinique High Impact Mascara I got this free in a magazine and while I do find it a little clumpy, I like to apply one coat of this just on my top lashes and then do a second coat with the Lash Domination mascara. I find using this as a 1st coat just helps makes things look a little more voluminous. 

So these are my current summer faves, I would love to hear yours! Please comment bellow and tell me what your 1 summer must have beauty buy is. 

Ciao
  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment