Wednesday 27 January 2016

Empties; Makeup, Skincare + Perfumes


Oh yes it's time for my first Empties post and I'm starting things off with a worrying amount of perfume and foundation, and it's pretty clear what my favourite foundation is. I go through the Estee Lauder Double Wear so quickly because I wear it nearly every day. I use shades 1W1 and 1W2 dependant on how pale I am and I always have a back up in stock. The YSL Fusion Ink Foundation I had a bit of a love affair with last year. My skin has become more normal to combination recently, but if you have dry skin then this is a beautiful base that will keep your healthy glow all day. 
YSLs Teint Touche Eclat is a classic foundation that I always have on the go. It takes me a while to go through these but I don't like to be without it in my collection. The Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liners have a perfect formulation and if you are a similar skin tone to me then shade Easton Snob is a gorgeous my lips but better, Kyle Jenner esque colour. I also finished an Anastasia Clear Brow Gel this is not my favourite brow gel but if you have kept your brow hairs fairly long this is really good at keeping them in place all day. I think I just prefer tinted gels these days if I am going to bother using a gel. 
I would probably have had another five bottles of Bioderma if I had kept hold of all my empties. I know most people have moved on to cheaper alternatives but I just think this is the best and I can buy it from the pharmacy next to where I work so it is really easy for me to get hold of. I have finally decided I love the Hydrabio and Sebum more than the (pink) Sensibio. They really do all work differently on your skin and these keep me hydrated but kick back the excess oils on my skin. The Estee Lauder Revitalising Supreme is a beautiful, rich cream that kept my skin nourished and smooth, and the Day Wear has a lovely fresh scent it is a great pick me up cream for the mornings. If only they were not so expensive I am sure I would still be using these. Lastly the Lancome Multi Lift Anti Wrinkle Cream, again a little to pricey for me, but a nice rich cream more suited to dryer skin types. 
Perfume wise I am not even going to try to describe these scents. In general I like an understated flowery scent with a little bit of a musk about it, nothing too sweet or girly. I have managed to get through a Paco Rabanne Lady Million, Lancome Tresor Midnight Rose, Valentino Valentina and two bottles of Dior J'adore Eau de Parfum which is my signature scentI am sure I will do another empties towards the end of the year, but it was nice to finally take out the trash and for now I look forward to filling up my shelf with products I can actually use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment