Monday 25 January 2016

The Foundation Rotation

Everyone has their desert island one piece of makeup they could not live without, and while most people steer towards mascara, I am definitely a foundation girl. It's not that I have particularly bad skin these days. Aside from a little redness and the odd blemish, I thankfully don't have to cover too much. I just like things to look a little more perfected, and a good base can transform any makeup look, so I thought I would talk about all the foundations I keep on rotation. 
Of course my all time favourite is the Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place (review) this works with my skin year round and has great coverage. Granted it does need a bit of re-blending or powdering though out the day to kick back the shine, but I have never found another base that I can rely on throughout every seasons weather change like this one. My most recent find was the Chanel Les Beiges Foundation (review), this seams to be wearing better on my dryer skin at the moment. It only released on the 15th of January in the UK so judgement is still out as to whether this can withstand the Great British summer but I shall keep you updated on this one. So far though I have not worn anything else since I purchased it on the 15th. YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat (review) is just a bit of a classic, the easy breezy option for good skin when I want things a little more dewy than the Double Wear. 
The base products I use a little less often but have definitely earned their place in my collection has to start with Chanel's Perfection Lumière Velvet; I could not put this down in summer last year. I have found this a little too drying in the colder seasons, but if you are after a natural looking base that makes you a little more matte this is perfect. The Vichy  Derma Blend Total Body Foundation I mostly use as a concealer or mixed with the other foundations to amp up the coverage. I find the formula to work really well on dryer skin. Where some of my concealers are too drying for my under eye area, this does the job perfectly. Lastly, the Jouer Moisture Tints (review); I tend to mix the Matte and Luminizing formulas to create a healthy glowing finish. These have the lowest coverage of the bunch but its a good low to medium; great for the summer or days you are just running errands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment