Friday 8 November 2013

Lancome Beauty Set: first impressions

Hello ladies,

Last week I did all of my Christmas shopping (super organised), but as most of you beauty lovers will agree, you just cannot buy beauty products for other people and not treat yourself to a little something. So I decided to get this little Lancôme beauty set which was £50 as I had spent £30 on Lancôme products.

As you can see the packaging is just as lovely as the products. If I am being honest last year I got the Christmas beauty set for my sister and I do think its contents were nicer but I am still really happy with what I got and it is great value for money.

Starting with the make up... This Hypnose Doll Eyes shadow palette is so beautiful,  It is the Fraicheur Rosee palette, and I have to say I am in love! The deep purple is gorgeous, I can't wait to do some looks for you ladies with this. The 2 mascaras look a little clumpy at first but I have worn them all week and they do not look clumpy at all, they give your lashes tones of volume.

This lipstick I was a little dubious about. I am not much of a red lip girl. However, this is a really subtle red in that it is really pink sort of red. Not sure if you know what I mean by this, but it has a jelly texture to it, not glossy just feels like Vaseline almost which is really nice.
The lip gloss I will wear much more often, you ladies know I love coral shades. The texture of this is really nice also, again it is not too glossy.
 
Now I am not really a big fan of eyeliner pencils, I am so used to using liquid liners. This week I decided to give it a try and I have really liked it. I used to use dark shadows as eyeliner with smoky eye looks but using the pencil means u can smudge it in and not worry about it budging during the day. It has great staying power.

The blush subtle palette is so perfect, it is the 02 nectar lace palette. If you are going to get just one of these products, this is the one. The highlighter is really subtle. The blush is bright so just a light dusting is enough. My favourite though is the matte brown, this is so good at contouring! I don't think I will be using any other product for my contour again.

I love La Vie Est Belle already it is such a sweet smell and super feminine, but seriously, how cute is this tiny little bottle!! I have had it in my pencil case all week, perfect for carrying around :)
The skin care products are all really high quality, I have tried a couple of them before but I think I will review these individually once I have used them all more so I can give you my true opinion. Because the picture is awful quality, to clarify in the set you get (from left to right) Softening Hydrating Toner 50ml, Gentle Softening Cleansing Fluid 50ml,Non Oily Instant Cleanser Sensitive Eyes 125ml, Youth Activating Concentrate 7ml and Soothing Anti-Stress Moisturising Cream SPF 15 15ml.

I am getting super exited for Christmas ladies and this really is a good buy for someone you love or for treating yourself if you have been good this year. Comment bellow if you have found a great buy recently for your self or someone special.

Ciao
  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment