Tuesday 6 May 2014

Does Quality Cost?..Matte Lipstick

Hello beauties,
My true make up love is lip stick, I am fairly obsessed with nude lipsticks. I daren't count my collection, but when it comes to high street or high end it is a fairly balanced market. So I thought I would test out probably the hardest thing to get right; mate nude lipstick.
This can look awful if you do not moisturise your lips, I personally apply The body Shops Vitamin E oil the night before I am going to be wearing these lipsticks. You can also use lip balms or you moisturiser, anything that is going to hydrate your lips.  
High Street: Soap & Glory Super Colour Fabulipstic Powdercoat Matte Lipstick Super Nude RRP £9     
      
Firstly I just have to mention how perfect this shade is, it is an exact match for my natural lip colour, I had to buy it my sister also after months of nagging; it is the perfect no make up make up! It is well pigmented so if your lips are not the same shade as mine then it will still look true to colour on your lips.
Aside from the shade this lipstick has a lovely texture. It is rather moisturising for a matte lipstick; it slides on really and will stay put for around 2 hours. This is not a perfect matte but it is by no means glossy. If you want a neutral toned matte lippy that will not dehydrate your lips this should be top of your try me list. 9/10
High End: M.A.C Matte Lipstick Honey Love RRP £15
There is seriously no hiding those dehydrated lips with this shade, it is paler than natural lip shade and incredibly matte. I adore the look of this lipstick but I have been known to apply it on top of lip balm from time to time. It seams to drain your lips from any moisture you did have. This does mean that it is long lasting as there is little transfer, however no body wants dry lips. This is very highly pigmented and is a beautiful shade, perfect for spring and summer natural makeup. For looks alone I would give this 10/10 but taking account of wear-ability it has to be 9/10
 
Overall M.A.C have achieved lipstick perfection, they have such a massive range of shades and textures but for matte I would say some high street brands have achieved the same high quality for much less. With £6 difference I would probably say try Soap & Glory first if you are unsure about matte lipsticks, but if you know you love this look then Honey Love looks amazing and is worth that bit more.
Please hit follow if you enjoyed this post and let me know what your favourite matte lipstick is in the comments.
Ciao
  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment