Monday 5 May 2014

Does Quality Cost?.. Foundation

I was looking over some of my old posts yesterday and way back in July I wrote a 'Does Quality Cost?..eye shadow palettes' post, this got lots of views so I thought I would do the same with my two favourite foundations. 

High Street: L'Oréal Paris True Match Foundation RRP £9.99 30ml
There are so many different shades available in this foundation, it is one of the few high street foundations you are guaranteed to find your actual shade in. They come in N, C and W shades, N for neutral undertones C for cool undertones and W for warm undertones; similar to MAC foundations. 
Little product is needed but this is buildable dependant on how much coverage you like. The less product you apply the more matte the finish. I found I could get away without wearing a powder on this, however this is because I find it a little drying if I wear it for too long. The dry areas of my skin started to feel dehydrated after the 5th day of wearing this. This is more suited to normal to oily skin in my opinion. Having said that this foundation looks and feels great, put it in a high end bottle and you would not know the difference. 

High End: Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Éclat RRP £31.50 30ml
Again there are lots of shades available of this foundation, however I would probably say you are more likely to get a perfect match with the true match foundation. This foundation just feels amazing, I prefer wearing it with a loose powder to set it but you can do without if you prefer the sheer glow from the foundation alone. It applies seamlessly with very little product needed. It provides more of a glow to the skin than the true match, much more suitable if you have dry skin. I would say this is suitable for all skin types; my oiler areas do not look too shiny and my dry areas do not feel as though they lacked moisture. The only negative I can say about this is that it does not really have build-able coverage, and concealer is needed if you have any blemishes. This foundation does not claim to be a full coverage though so it is not a fault of the foundation just something to note.


Of course we all have different skin types and you may find these foundations a little different from me. For reference I have normal to combination skin and I have been using the Nivea Express Hydration Primer (review).


I think when it comes to foundation it totally depends on what kind of finish you want on whether high street or high end is better. I personally feel that high end brands like Estee Lauder have achieved the best full coverage and matte bases, while if it is a low to medium coverage and a dewy finish you are after then the high street have some really great foundations.

Ciao
  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment