Monday 2 March 2015

e.l.f Mineral Foundation

If you have been round these parts before you will probably know by now I am a firm lover of full coverage foundations; namely Estée Lauder's Double Wear Stay-In-Place foundation (review). Having said that, my love for all things matte and my combination skin sometimes begs for a less heavy foundation and more heavy duty powder. 


I'm going to be honest, the main reason I turned to e.l.f for a mineral foundation is because it costs just £5.95 and I wasn't sure I was going to like how it sat over liquid foundation. Turns out I love the finish and coverage this provides.
I use this over MAC Face and Body (review) granted this has a decent light coverage, but if your skin is remotely oily this does not wear amazingly well throughout the day. To be honest I only use this as a body foundation normally, but with a small layer of this powder it becomes the perfect base with medium coverage and great staying power. 
The finish looks better when the product is shaken and excess is removed from your brush before application. It can look blotchy and cakey if too much is applied on top of the liquid foundation. I use the Real Techniques buffing brush to create a nicely blended, even finish. 

Like I said, I only tend to use this duo when my combination skin is more on the oily side, I just think the finish and coverage are perfect and it looks just as good in the evening as when applied.

If you would like to try this mineral foundation you can purchase it here, and I would love to know your thoughts if you try these two products together.
Ciao
  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment