Monday 23 February 2015

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Shadow Base

I have been wanting to try an eyeshadow base for well over a year but have been so confused as to which one to buy. There were a couple of MAC ones I had my eye on that people have raved about but as a firm lover of the Double Wear range I thought I would give this one a go.
As expected I am not disappointed at all. As with the Double Wear Stay-In-Place foundation this lasts all day and looks just as good at the end of the day as when you applied it. And most importantly it does not crease at all.
With other eye primers I have found that ones that don't crease are very drying on the skin, and ones that don't cause dryness either crease or make my lids look a little oily. The only other shadow primer I have used that actually covers pigmentation enough to wear without shadow on top is the Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer. Although the Photo Finish does not crease or cause dryness immediately, I found if I wore it everyday my skin did become very dry and so I can only use this every now and then. 

This shadow base I have worn everyday now for a while, with and without shadow and my sensitive skin still remains without irritation. As you can see it is creamy when you apply it and then sets creating the perfect base. 
This costs £16 for 5ml which can be purchased here. This is rather expensive but all the good lid primers tend to be around the £15-£20 mark. If you are looking for a good all over drugstore primer, I suggest trying the Nivia Express Hydration Primer which costs just £4.99; this will not cover any pigmentation but it will prevent creasing and keep things put all day (review).
Ciao
  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment