Monday 28 April 2014

Review: Jouer bare beauty collection

Hello ladies,
 
I have previously reviewed Jouer Cosmetics blushing beauty palette (read here)and fell in love with this brand, the make up is so gentle on my sensitive skin and I love the product range. Jouer can be found on Cult Beauty who offer free shipping on orders over £50, 3 free samples with all orders and lots of other brand specific offers.

Price:
£45  This is the same price as the Blushing Beauty Collection. Jouer have two other sets; the Little Black Dress Palette and In The Red Kit which are a little more expensive at £52 each.
 
Review:
Essential Matte Touch: This can be purchased individually for £20, I personally would not pay this much for it but I do like the product. I use this as a primer on my nose and it works amazingly. My foundation stays put all day and my skin looks perfectly matte. This is the oiliest area of my skin, I would not use it all over my face as it would make it so dry, but if you have a little shine you combat then this works a treat.
 
Eye shadow Trio: The eye shadow compacts are exclusive to the sets and cannot be purchased individually. This particular compact has shades ‘Shimmering Beige’, ‘Taupe’ and ‘Dark Chocolate’. It is great for traveling as three neutral shades are all you need to create a smokey eye or a simple eye look. I have also found that the Dark Chocolate shade is perfect for filling in my brows, of course this will not be the case for everyone but Taupe I imagine would work well if you have mousy brown hair. The shadows are really smooth and highly pigmented and they don't crease at all.

Moisturizing Lip Gloss in shade ‘Nude’. These also cost £16 however shade nude is exclusive to this set. I love the colour and texture of this gloss, it is great for every day wear. It feels like soft cream or melted butter on your lips and does not feel sticky at all. It has relatively good staying power, reapplication is needed about every 2hours. This is a highly pigmented gloss, you wear it more for the colour not the gloss. Having said that it does look nice over lipstick, my personal choice is Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Notting Hill Nude.
 
Cheek & Lip Tint in shade Bare, these cost £16 individually, again this is a little expensive, however the tints are great quality. The product melts a little as it warms on your finger making it super simple to apply. I would choose this over all drugstore tints that I have tried. This colour applies much lighter than it looks, it is a like a soft pink with brown undertones. The shade is perfect all year round, particularly if you just want a subtle, natural look this is lovely applied lightly to your cheeks and lips with just a simple winged eyeliner.
 

I hope this has been useful lovelies, this is a brand I don't hear too much about but it always has very high reviews due to it's great quality. While these sets may not be kit essentials they are a cheaper way of buying a few pieces from the brand. If you travel as much as I do you will also fall in love for the interlockability of all of the products. It is so much easier when all of your products fit together compactly and you don't have to carry large make up bags.

Let me know if you have tried any Jouer products and what you think of them in the comments bellow.

Ciao
  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment