Wednesday 16 April 2014

new MAC goodies (first impression reviews)

Hello beauties,
Those of you that follow me on twitter will know that I recently visited York, while I mainly went to sight see I thought I may get a little shopping done as well :)
I visited the designer outlet in which I found The Cosmetics Company Store with discounted Estée Lauder, MAC, Bobbi Brown etc. so of course I had to get a little mac!

Lipglass shade Angel
This is a very long lasting lip gloss, not too sticky and nicely pigmented. I love a pink gloss and I hadn't tried MAC glosses before, I can say I am very impressed by it. One coat lasts about 2hours, even if you have a drink, which is relatively good for a gloss. It has a thick texture which prevents it from bleeding (running over your lip line) and means it can be worn without a lip liner if preferred.
RRP £14 their price £9

Powder Blush shade Immortal Flower
With orange lips this seasons trend I wanted a more orange toned blush to bring all my make up together. This is a really subtle colour that looks really natural and feminine. It has a very soft pigment; for lovers of natural not vibrancy. It is very powdery/dusty, it makes your foundation stay matte but I would say tap off excess product; it is very easy to get too much on your brush.
RRP £18  their price £12.75

Eye Khol shade Heirloom
I have been looking for a khol to add a bit of shimmer to my inner corner instead of using powders which have been drying the skin. This is a beautiful pale lilac colour which I think will match any eye make up. It is relatively creamy in consistency but does not smudge too easily. I have also used this all over the lid, smudged with my ring finger. It is great for lovely looking 2second eye make up.
RRP £14 their price £9

While the make up is still relatively expensive, this shop is definitely worth a visit if you are in the area, I was tempted by a lot of other products but their range is of course very limited. They do not have many shades and I noticed most of the stocked foundations were for medium to dark skin tones. Honestly I could have spent a lot more in this shop but sometimes its nice to just get a few bits....and go shopping again soon :P

Ciao
  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment