Monday 9 June 2014

MAC & Kevyn Aucoin Haul

Hello Beauties,
 
So I may have been a little naughty recently. In my defence I have been saving up for a long time to get these bits. Ah sometimes its fun to be spendy, and I wanted to get a few things to show you all in one post so here are my recent picks...

Firstly I went to MAC, and I think I was probably the last beauty blogger to buy the 217 Blending Brush but at last I got my hands on it. To be honest I have another blending brush I prefer to this one but it is always nice to have a few different size brushes. I will be doing a comparative review of this brush soon so hit follow to read this shortly.

Of course you cannot go to a mac counter and not buy a lipstick! I already have a lipglass in shade Angel so I decided to get the same shade in a lipstick. It is a lovely matte pale pink that is perfect for brightening up a look for the summer.

Next up I begrudgingly got a mac Pro Palette and x15 Insert. I hate that you have to pay for them separately, £20.50 for some packaging is not a great price. If I need one in the future I will just buy a Z palette, but I wanted to have one of these in my collection so I did a little overtime at work.
 
The MAC Eye Shadows took me a little while to choose, I wanted to keep them fairly neutral. I especially wanted them to look great in any combination. I only got 5 shades for now as I am sure I will enjoy treating myself to more shadows in the future.

I actually went in expecting to buy shades All That Glittters, Patina and Woodwinked as well. They are highly raved about on the blogosphere, I just thought my palette would have been a little too shimmer heavy. While I did like the shades I didn't think they were anything special. These 5 beauties however I know I can create some lovely looks with.

One thing that does bug me a little is how many of the eye shadow pans are broken. I had to ask for two to be changed as they were chipped and my Scene pan is still a little chipped which I didn't see in store.

Lastly I went to SpaceNK at St Ann's Place in Manchester. I was served by a lovely girl called Louise who let me try out lots of different contours from Kevyn Aucoin, Nars and Hourglass but I just couldn't find one I loved even with all her help (and patience).

This little beauty however looked amazing when she applied it. The Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer. This can be used as a foundation, concealer or highlighter. I got it in shade SX02 to use as a concealer. I have only used this a couple of times so far so will be doing a full review on this shortly when I have tried it out a little more.
 
What do you think of my little buys ladies, have you got any of these products? I would love you to follow my blog if you enjoy reading my little ramblings. My blog is one this month which I will be celebrating by writing a blog post in Spanish, I do have a translator tool for you should you need it, but as I am 1/2 Spanish I thought this was a fun way to share another side of me in my blog :)

Ciao
  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment