Friday 10 January 2014

Review: e.l.f. makeup mist & set

Hello ladies,
I have noticed an increase in people using setting sprays so thought I would review a cheap one to see if it is any good.
 
I personally find that my bareMinerals mineral veil keeps my makeup put but if you are looking for a premium brand spray that does this then MAC Fix+ is £14.50 for 100ml, this product is really good and not extortionate in price considering it works well, comment if you would like me to review this product.
 
e.l.f. makeup mist & Set
 
Cost: £3.75 for 60ml bottle and can be purchased here
 
Good: This does work rather well, I did find that my liquid foundation stayed in place all day so no complaints as to its function. I like the packaging, I think e.l.f. have got it spot on keeping it very simple making their products look more expensive than they are. Its ingredients include aloe, green tea, cucumber and vitamins A, C and E and this is also alcohol free, its always nice to know that products are not bad for your skin.
 
Bad: This has a really horrid smell, I can't describe what it is and you can only really smell it for about 1second but it does put you off spraying it.
This spray is water based so although it does set your makeup I do think it takes away some of the matte effect that you would get from a powder foundation. Simply apply your powder after this product, this should also prevent you from getting your liquid foundation on your powder brush.
 
I hope this has been useful, I was impressed with how well this product works, I have previously used the MUA setting spray and found it a complete waste of time so it was reassuring to know that there is a cheap one out there that works. Maybe just hold your nose when you spray this :P
 
Ciao
  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment