Wednesday 19 March 2014

Urban Decay Naked3; review, swatches and make up look

Hello beauties,
This palette has been reviewed so much now I didn't want to do the usual pictures and swatch post so I thought I would share with you my favourite look using this palette as well as my humble opinion on it:)
Price: £37 (buy here). As with the other Naked palettes Urban Decay has added a little extra product to soften the blow of the price. This palette comes with 4 sample eye shadow primers; Original, Eden, Sin and Anti-aging. The samples will last you up to two weeks each if you use a little every day. I have just put mine into little pots so they don't get ruined.
You also get a double ended brush with a crease and shadow end. To be honest I am not a massive fan of the brush, the bristles are really stiff which makes it a little hard to use. I have been using the shadow side to apply shadow in my inner corner and the crease brush for applying shadow on my lid. As a crease brush it has to be the worst brush I have ever used for blending. (see the last picture; crease end on the left and shadow end on the right)

The palette itself has 12 shades, a mixture of mattes, shimmers and glitters. Here are some swatches in order that they come in the palette from right to left...

As you can see the shades all have a pink tone to them, this is completely different to the other Naked palettes and probably the best pink palette available on the market at the moment. 12 shades of creams, pinks, rose gold's and purples I don't think can be found in any other palette. Off course you can find similar mac shades but it would be much more expensive to build a 12 piece palette of shadows from mac.

Blackheart is described as black matte with red micro-glitter but it applies as a gorgeous deep purple. I like to transition this shade with Factory as this smokes it out without loosing its vibrancy.

Trick is a beautiful rose gold shade that looks amazing when it shimmers in the sun and lovely with coral lipstick and accessories.

It is really difficult for me to swatch the shade Strange as it is so close to the colour of my skin and it is matte so no shimmer to catch the light either. Hopefully you can see it a little better on the pictures bellow; I used this shade on my brow bone. I love wearing it all over my lid for a no make up look. This makes my lid the same colour as the rest of my skin without the worry of creasing if I used a concealer.
There are so many looks that can be created with these 12 shades, they all complement each other perfectly and look great worn alone for simple looks. This is just one look I am loving currently, please comment if you would like me to create a few more for a post in the future.

I used Maybelline gel liner applied with a Lancôme double ended liner brush (review) and Benefit They're Real mascara (review).  I used the shadows lightly for a subtle day look but adding more product would deepen the pigment for a dramatic evening look.
What's your favourite shade ladies? Comment me your links if you have done a look post using this palette, and don't forget to follow to be updated with more of my ramblings.
Ciao
  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment