Tuesday 27 August 2013

lipstick review: beautifully beige

Hello lovelies,
Recently I have been loving nude lips so I thought I would review some of my favourites for you...

MUA lipstick- 14 bare
This is the cheapest of the lipsticks at just £1, and as with all MUA products the quality is great for the price. This is not a matte lipstick, but far from high shine it is just perfect for its shade I would say. This is a light nude but its not draining at all. The only negative I would say is that it does not have much staying power, re-application is needed a lot. 7/10
Miss Sporty color lipstick- 020 strip tease
This is a very pale lipstick with high shine. I wear this over one of the other nude shades as this can make lips really stand out and shimmer. It is rich in moisture and does not need much re-application when applied as a top coat. However, worn alone this can look a little cheap, its high shimmer means it has little pigment and it can make you look washed out. 6/10

Revlon color burst lip butter- 095 crème brulee
I love this lipstick range; they really do help keep your lips moisturised. This shade is super cute and just makes your lips look really healthy by adding that little sheen. It does not add much colour to your lips but it does not wash you out either. It's a handbag essential, perfect for simple everyday school or work makeup. 9/10


Soap & Glory super-colour fabu lipstick- super nude
I love this lipstick it is perfectly matte, it has great staying power, offers reasonable moisture and it is a near perfect match to my natural lips. This is what every good nude lipstick should be. However, I do realise my lips are naturally quite dark, if you are very pale I do suggest a lighter shade but for me this is my favourite. 10/10
Rimmel moisture renew lipstick 720- notting hill nude
So if you do have a pale complexion then you should definitely try this shade, again it is really natural close to perfect match to my lips. This is not as matte as the Soap & Glory but offers much better moisture for your lips and with little re-application needed, there are not really any faults to this product. Even the packaging is nice. 10/10

MAC- high tea
I can't get this to picture well but I have really fallen in love with this shade. If you haven't bought a mac lippy due to their price then I can assure you they really are amazing quality with great staying power, long lasting moisture and a vast range of shades; you can rely on them to give you what you want. This is the only nude I have of there's, I wanted a glossy looking nude rather than a shimmer or a matte lipstick as I felt that I already had them in my collection, and this is just perfect. 10/10

I hope you liked this post ladies, I think every girl should own a nude shade lipstick, it is a great alternative to lip balms that can often make your hair stick to your lips, so try one of the above lovelies and let me know if you have a different favourite you think I should try.

Ciao
  xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment